- Call for Submissions
- Financial Aid
- Members Exhibition
- Other Exhibition Opportunities
- Awards Banquet Dinner
- Become a Sponsor
- Advertising Opportunities
- Visa Information
2018 MARKETPLACE CALL FOR ENTRIES
Application Deadline: MARCH 5, 2018
The 2018 Textile Society of America 16th Biennial Symposium, The Social Fabric: Deep Local to Pan Global, will be held at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia from September 19 – 23.
As part of the symposium, the TSA invites vendors to sell their wearable art and accessories, textiles, textile construction tools and other materials, books, one of a kind art works and other textile related items at the juried marketplace. We are seeking a broad range of makers and suppliers who will exhibit works of superior creativity and quality in craftsmanship and aesthetics, both contemporary and traditional. Jurors will select work that reflects a diverse, interesting and relevant marketplace. The 2018 TSA Marketplace will have exposure to over 400 registered delegates to the conference, and through publicity to other Vancouver tourists and the local public.
Please join us for this exciting opportunity; we look forward to reviewing your application. There is no application fee and no commission is taken from your sales.
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Applicants
TSA member vendor fee US $180
Non TSA member vendor fee US $200
1. Applications are open from January 29 to March 5, 2018.
2. Acceptance announcement and Vendor/Booth/Ad Info by March 26, 2018.
3. Confirmation and payment from vendors is due by May 1, 2018.
4. Fee includes a 6-foot skirted table and 2 chairs.
5. Free Wi-Fi is available at the hotel. Hard-wired internet for streaming videos or on-line demos will be available at an additional cost payable directly to the hotel. Estimated costs are $180 per day plus labour costs. See attached information from hotel.
6. Electricity for the booth is $125, plus a labour cost for a 7.5 amp, 110 volt outlet with extension cable and power bar, which is payable directly to the hotel. See attached information from hotel.
7. Vendors may bring additional display items which must fit within the confines of their space.
8. Overnight security for the Marketplace is provided as part of the vendor fee, but vendors leave items at their own risk. Vendors must also carry their own liability and merchandise / exhibits insurance.
9. Vendor materials may be shipped to the hotel no earlier than 3 days prior to the start of the symposium. There is a handling fee of $5.00 per box / item or $50 per large item for each movement of items between rooms and / or hotel storage areas; this fee is payable directly to the hotel.
10. Vendors are responsible for Canadian customs, brokerage, visas and collection / payment of provincial and federal taxes, if applicable.
11. Once the booth fee has been paid, it is non-refundable.
Wednesday, September 19, 2018 set up from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Thursday, September 20, 2018 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday, September 21, 2018 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Saturday, September 22, 2018 8:30 am to 6:45 pm
(members’ only cocktail hour from 5:00 pm – 6:45pm)
Saturday, September 22, 2018 take down from 6:46 pm to 9:00 pm