*Please note that access to the newest issue of the Newsletter is a benefit of TSA membership. If you are a current member, please sign in when prompted. If you are not yet a member, join at anytime to access the newsletter.
Newsletter Editor Contact: email@example.com
In addition to reports on TSA programs, The Newsletter lists conferences, courses, exhibitions, grants; profiles museum textile collections and university textile programs; and reviews books, exhibitions, and conferences. Submissions are welcome.
Recent newsletters can be downloaded from the TSA website as PDFs. Newsletters dating from 1989 through 2004 are available on Digital Commons at http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/tsanews/
Past Newsletters are now also available as an online publication at http://issuu.com/textilesociety/docs
Member News Section Submission Guidelines:
One must be a current member at the time of submission and at the time of newsletter publication to submit have news published in the member’s section. To join or renew please visit: http://textilesocietyofamerica.org/membership/
Categories of Member News: Exhibitions; Workshops; Lectures; Publications; Honors and Achievements; Conferences & Symposia
Please include all relevant details including location (country, state, city), venue, dates, website link, 1-sentence description, deadline if applicable, member name. For publications please include full bibliographic details.
Newsletter Article and Review Submission Guidelines:
The deadlines for the Spring Newsletter is March 15 and the Fall Newsletter is September 15.
1. Length of articles, reviews, program summaries, 300-700 words. Submit text as a word document.
2. Editing is at the discretion of the Newsletter Editor and volunteer readers.
3. Photos are welcome. Image size should be: 300 DPI, 4”x6” and provided as jpegs. Images will be used as space allows. Send images as individual files. Do not insert into text. Label as: Image_1.jpg; Image_2.jpg
4. List captions at the end of the text. Provide name of photographer for credit for each image. Be sure to obtain permission from the photographer to use the image.
5. Write Author Name as you wish it to appear at heading of text.
6. Write a 1-2 sentence biographical note; include your relationship to TSA. For example: member since XXXX, professional affiliation, scholarship recipient for x program…)
7. Provide author’s email or other contact information (not to be published, just for our records and if a follow-up question needs posing).
8. For book reviews include all full bibliographic info; for conferences and exhibitions include venue, dates, etc.
9. SUBMIT material or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TSA Newsletter Submission.” We welcome submissions all year, with articles published in the newsletter best fitting the deadline.
Advertising in the TSA Newsletter
Download advertising submission guidelines HERE
If you have any questions at all, please contact Wendy Weiss, external relations director and newsletter editor at: email@example.com. We look forward to your submissions!