In addition to reports on TSA programs, TSA News lists conferences, courses, exhibitions, grants; profiles museum textile collections and university textile programs; and reviews books, exhibitions, and conferences. We welcome article submissions from our readers.
Member News Submission Guidelines:
Please download the member news form and email your completed copy to: email@example.com.
One must be a current member at the time of submission and at the time of publication to submit and have news published in the member’s section. To join or renew please visit: https://textilesocietyofamerica.org/membership/
Categories of Member News: Exhibitions; Workshops; Lectures; Publications; Honors and Achievements; Conferences & Symposia
Please include all relevant details including location (country, state, city), venue, dates, website link, 1-sentence description, deadline if applicable, member name. For publications please include full bibliographic details.
TSA News Article and Review Submission Guidelines:
Articles are accepted on a rolling basis. The deadlines for the Spring issue of TSA News is March 15 and the Fall issue is September 15, for the sake of organizing TSA News into twice-yearly issues. Please download the appropriate template for the type of article you submit.
1. Length of articles, reviews, program summaries, 300-700 words. Submit text as a word document.
2. Editing is at the discretion of the Digital Content Editor and volunteer readers.
3. Photos are welcome. Image size should be: 300 DPI, 4”x6” and provided as jpegs. Images will be used as space allows. Send images as individual files. Do not insert into text. Label as: Image_1.jpg; Image_2.jpg
4. List captions at the end of the text. Provide name of photographer for credit for each image. Be sure to obtain permission from the photographer to use the image.
5. Write Author Name as you wish it to appear at heading of text.
6. Write a 1-2 sentence biographical note; include your relationship to TSA. For example: member since XXXX, professional affiliation, scholarship recipient for x program…)
7. Provide author’s email or other contact information (not to be published, just for our records and if a follow-up question needs posing).
8. For book reviews include all full bibliographic info; for conferences and exhibitions include venue, dates, etc.
9. SUBMIT material or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TSA News Submission.” We welcome submissions all year, with articles published in the issue best fitting the deadline.