Textile Arts Center’s Artist in Residence (TAC AIR) combines studio access with a rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum, regular critical dialogue and mentorship, providing residents an opportunity to learn and explore the textile medium, and an alternative to traditional higher education programs.
The residency culminates in a group exhibition produced and hosted by TAC. Since 2010, TAC AIR has graduated over eighty artists and designers whose work continues to further textile art within the fashion, fine arts, design and art education fields.
TAC AIR Cycle 15 will run from October 2023 to June 2024, artists will exhibit in September, 2024.
TAC AIR Program Provides:
- Individual studio space
- 24-hour access to Textile Arts Center studio and equipment
- Hands-on technical workshops (i.e. weaving, spinning, machine knitting, natural dyeing and surface design)
- Lectures in textile history and professional development (grant writing, branding, art law, material sourcing, photography)
- Weekly critiques
- Mentorship with designers, artists and curators
- Culminating group exhibition
- TAC AIR 15 Dates: October 2023-June 2024.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
- Application Fee: $25 through March 1 / $35 through March 31
- Tuition: $11,000 /cycle