TSA is seeking a Digital Content Editor to work closely with the Communications Director, Assistant Communications Director, Social Media Coordinator, Interim Executive Director, Interim Administrator, President and Board of Directors.
The Textile Society of America is looking for a TSA News Digital Content Editor to establish topics for TSA News and schedule, research, write, proofread and publish online content.
Responsibilities include producing monthly blog articles, fact-checking writers’ articles and optimizing written pieces to increase user engagement. If you have excellent writing and editing skills in English and experience managing editorial calendars, please share samples of your work by including links to your published articles.
The Digital Content Editor will articulate the Textile Society of America’s commitment to anti-racist work and dedication to becoming a more equitable organization when writing, editing and posting content.
The Textile Society of America, Inc., provides an international forum for the exchange and dissemination of information about textiles worldwide, from artistic, cultural, economic, historic, political, social, and technical perspectives.
Our Focus on Diversity:
The Textile Society of America, an international organization, recognizes the profound global reach of textiles. We are committed to developing leadership initiatives, membership, and programming rooted in the plurality of textile histories, producers, and purposes. With an eye toward expanding our voices and audience, we will focus on inclusion of underrepresented groups and advocacy for a robust diversity of our personal and professional viewpoints.
- Write blog posts and marketing copy to promote the Textile Society of America
- Reach out to the textile community to mine articles / content contributions
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles submitted by content writers
- Update our website with new content
- Interview professionals and use online sources to research topics
- Maintain Airtable content calendar to track an ongoing list of blog article contributions and ensure timely publication
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics
- Proven work experience as a Content Editor, Web Editor or similar role
- Examples of published work
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with WordPress
- TSA Communications Director will provide guidelines and train
- TSA membership is required and a one year commitment requested
Average work hours/weekly:
Estimated average of 5 hours per week. Some weeks may require more time than others.
This is a paid position of $7,000 per year. Payment will be issued quarterly.
Please forward cover letter, CV / resume to Wendy Roberts via email at email@example.com
Deadline to submit is June 30, 2022
This position is open to U.S. Residents or those with U.S. Employment Authorization Document (EAD) / work permit.